Fiesta idle puzzle

Hi

Fiesta Mk5 130k miles, 1.25 zetec petrol

On coasting the engine idles at 2-3k rather than 1k. As you come to a halt the idle goes back to 1k. It is totally reproducible. As soon as you come to a dead halt all is fine, but while ever the wheels are rolling it wants to idle high. It is not related to touching the brakes.

Clues please!

(interestingly my Elise (1.8 rover K series engine) also does this rarely, only not quite as badly so I've ignored it. But as the symptoms are the same)

Steve

Reply to
Haighy

"They all do that, Sir!"