Fiesta Paint Colour

I have a 1997 blue Fiesta and I am trying to find the exact paint colour.

I have had a good hunt around the car and cannot find a name or code that jumps out as being a colour identifier.

Can anyone help me out here?

Reply to
Freda

Its on the VIN plate (usually near the bonnet catch) under the bonnet. BUT - and its a BIG but... its not marked "blue" (or "green" or "red" etc) its a manufacturer's code. Take that code to a dealership and they'll be able to tell you exactly what colour it was originally (some people "respray" so you can never be sure). HTH

Reply to
Paul King

Yup I've already found that - and I appreciate I am looking for a code or identifier, not just the word "blue". :-))))

But there is nothing that looks like a paint code, nor anything identified or specifically labelled as a paint code.

The only item on the plate that I suppose it could be would be is the word "JAS". Does anyone recognise that?

I am prepared to go to the main dealer if I must as I am sure that can tell me from either their records or the VIN plate, but I was just hoping that someone here might be able to save me the journey - the nearest dealer is quite a distance.

I also know that the car hasn't been resprayed.

Reply to
Freda

the bottom line of the vin plate has the colour as a letter or two. or go to ford website, go to book a service amd enter your details, all the car info will come up including the name of the colour.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Paint code is contained in the VIN. E-mail me reg or vin and I will tell you the paint code and the exact colour.

JK

Reply to
JK

mrcheerful said

Thanks for that - at least I know why I cannot specifically find it.

I've been to the Ford web site -

- but cannot find anywhere you can request a service. I have found links to local Ford dealers and you can email them requesting a service but I wouldn't have thought this is what you mean.

So, could you point me at it? Thanks.

Reply to
Freda

JK said

Thanks!

I just tried to email you, removing the "NOSPAM" bit, and it bounced.

Reply to
Freda

then click "more about online service booking"

then enter vin or reg.

hth mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

mrcheerful . said

I had totally missed that - great thanks. Trouble is it hasn't returned the paint colour. :-)

Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Freda

Freda, Is your car a metallic or a standard colour blue?. I've probably got the colour code reference here ;)

Regards,

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Thats odd since every car it has checked for me it says the colour, panther balack, tourmaline green etc. I made sure it worked before giving you the link, so maybe you have a weird import or something.

what does it say on the vin plate next to couleur?

I have got a fiesta in on friday, I'll see if the colour is shown somewhere else.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

mrcheerful . said

There was one line that had a bullet but was left blank, so I would imagine that the colour should have been there.

As far as I know it is just a standard UK Fiesta. My in-laws bought it at 2 years old from a Ford garage and we bought it off them.

LOL - how embarrassing...

I though I had gone through all the paperwork that I had, but I just decided to have another hunt just to check that it is a "standard Fiesta" and I came across my father-in-law's bill of sale.

Says it is "STATE BLUE".

There is no colour or couleur or any other coloury type word or reference that I can identify.

Although I have hopefully found the answer to my question, it would still be interesting to know what you find.

Reply to
Freda

Stephen Hull said

As I have just posted elsewhere, according to my paperwork it is "STATE BLUE". And it looks metallic to me.

I would still be interested to know how I can confirm this from the plates on the car, so I would appreciate knowing the code. Thanks.

Reply to
Freda

How about "FARBE"?

Reply to
Roy Linley

"State Blue" is a Ford colour but unfortunately there are quite a few colour variations.

However your local paint factor will be able to help identify which shade of State Blue you actually have :)

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Freda wrote in news:MPG.1bcdfc6060c2c8a89896f4 @nntp.dsl.pipex.com:

Just give Ford a call, the told me for colour is Jade or was is Jewel Green!

Reply to
gna03633

gna03633 wrote on Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:08:40

+0000:

Eh? Do people still speak English these days?

Reply to
David Taylor