Fiesta Petrol Filling

I have trouble filling up the petrol tank in my mk3 Ford Fiesta...Petrol keeps spilling out of the filler pipe unless I fill the tank very slowly..any ideas what the problem is?

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

Whenever my dad put petrol in my mk3 fiesta he always had this trouble, and he always did it on every fill up, spilling petrol all round that area. I've often wondered if this is the reason most are rusted around the petrol cap. I found that you have to hold the nozzle at a funny angle with most pumps and keep it firmly there, twist your hand very much to the right, don't put it in all the way and keep pressure to hold it in place. However there's a texaco round here with old pumps on and the nozzle would go all the way in and fill up fast quite happily.

Don't know if this is your problem, if you've never had it before with your car then obviously it must be something else wrong like some kind of blockage in the pipe.

If it's pre-cat and still got a carb on it, basically H or maybe J reg, you may find that LRP nozzles fit properly.

Reply to
Paul. A. Latham