Fiesta roof bars fitting query

Hi all, R reg Fiesta 1.25, 3 door. Need to get some roof bars for it, but having trouble finding the right ones (checking on-line at the mo-not been able to get out and see some 'in the flesh'). This Fiesta has a 'smooth' roof with a black plastic insert running full length. I assume that this unclips/removes somehow to allow bars to be fitted, yes? How do I remove these bits?? The bars I have looked at seem to be for cars which have the old fashioned 'ledges' which the bars clip onto. I dont have a handbook or manual, so at a bit of a loss which ones to get. Anyone help-maybe someone knows the specific bar model number I need?? cheers

Reply to
frank

I think the 1.25 has an identical roof to the older fiesta I had 1.1 The strip pulls out (unlikely to get it off without snapping the plastic). The roof bar clamps to the curved roof rail that is under the plastic strips. Quit amazingly flimsy. So it won't take that much load. I got my roof rack from halfords but that was years ago.

Reply to
david.cawkwell