Fiesta TDCi stalling and kangarooing

Hi, just got a Fiesta TDCi, great little car apart from a couple of (linked I think) problems, It kangaroos at low revs, isnt smooth at all, and it can stall after first being started in the morning.

any ideas?

I am thinking about the MAF or the EGR valve, dont really want to blow =A3100 on a MAF for it to be the same, and an hour in Fords for diagnostics would be =A370, even then the TDCi doesnt throw many codes up apparently. Another solution I have thought about is a tuning box, it would boost the pressure to the rail I would have thought giving more power throughout the range? I've found a few google pages with the same symptoms but no resolution, it would be nice to sort it as its a belting little car, does a genuine 55mpg and =A335 a year road tax, its like a moped with aircon and CD changer!!

cheers

Reply to
Staffbull

WEll start with the obvious things, air leaks after the MAF, clean the EGR & is the CTS telling the truth?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks, I'll have a butchers at the EGR over the WE, whats the best to clean it with? good soaking in WD40 and dry? CTS is new to me I take it its the charge temp sensor, what does it do and where in the chain of events it it located, inlet or exhaust?

thanks,

Ive had some MAF cleaner spray that I want to try, dont know it it will be of any use? could be snake oil!! but for =A33 its worth a try I think :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

any ideas?

Sounds like it's drawing air somewhere.

How old is the car? There was an issue with the injector return pipes on early ones, that caused them to draw air, leading to bad starting and hesitation.

Reply to
moray

Coolabt temperature sensor.

Worth a try, it's carb cleaner in a different can.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Its a 2003, it starts on the turn, just stalls, then restarts OK

Reply to
Staffbull

sounds like air getting in

Reply to