Fiesta Zetec Ghia (N plate) cabin heater rotary control

How stiff should this be? Since we bought the car a couple of years ago its felt on the loose side of connected. I've not had the dash off yet to see if anything is broken/unconnected. Its a rotary knob on the centre console. Is it a pull-push/wired or electronic control? I was wondering is there a way to see if this is connected without going behind the dash (eg watching something under the bonnet whilst playin gwith the knob).

Should it be stiff? How stiff should the knob be? Best way forward? Is the dash an easy thing to remove? Is this necessary? Currently temperture control is via windows and coats!

There is no air con.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisJ