Final question over Peugeot duplicate keys

Before I go to the bother of getting a quote from Peugeot, could anyone here tell me how much they're liable to charge for a duplicate of my original remote control key (now lost)? Just the key, nothing else.

I have the original key-code card that came with the car.

This is in connection with my earlier queries about swapping the ignition barrel for a scrapyard one.

I still have the original spare, so I've swapped the splines over and I now have one key with original mobiliser but new spline and another key with useless immobiliser but door opening spline. Everything works perfectly. However it's two keys for one car, one for the doors and one for the ignition.

My thoughts are that if I can afford a duplicate of the original key, with remote control unit and duplicate immobiliser chip, I can bolt the scrapyard spline onto that unit; the remote will open the doors and the spline will work the ignition barrel. Only one key required for day to day use. Only snag being that it'd require an original spline to open the petrol cap.

For spares, the immobiliser from the original spare, bolted on to a copy of the scrapyard spline will act as a spare starter key (which is what I'm using now) and the spline from the original spare will act as an emergency door key. For everyday use the remote will work the doors and the scrapyard spline will work the ignition barrel. One key for normal use. Two keys as a spares.

Mind you, I don't think it'd be advisable to tell the dealer about my planned jiggery pokery. At least, not until the replacement's in my hand (-;

Only remaining potential snag is finding a locksmith who can make me a duplicate spline. Don't need the activator, but blanks could be difficult to come by.

Any clue on the price for a remote control manufacturer's duplicate for a Peugeot 106 '03, made from the original code card, anyone?

Dave J.

Reply to
Dave J.

SWMBO knows as she went to the dealers when I lost my key for the 406. I'm at work now so I'll ask her when I get home. The price was high enough to make me look elsewhere and I got a key cut at a place in Malvern for about =A330 or so I think it was. It depends on the complexity of the key, I just wanted a straightforward key without the remote plipper. One with a plipper was another =A320 or so.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Malc (Malc ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

An ignition lock is £45 from GSF, a full ignition and door lock set only £70.

Reply to
Adrian

...and if you do change all the locks, be sure to mark on any rods that even possibly just might get disturbed where they were originally connected.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Morton

Thanks. When it came down to it I couldn't find anywhere that would do the remote except Peugeot themselves. According to one garage they will want

75 quid or more for a key with remote, though in the end I was too lazy (short of time!) to bother actually asking them.

Cheers to all who helped me while I was panicking over the failure to start.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave J.