Finding Correct Tyre Pressure?

Where is a good place to find out what the correct tyre pressure is for a tyre/car.

In days gone by a chart could alway be found displayed at a garage next to the compressor.

I'm looking for a Vauxhall Astra Active with Goodyear 195 60R15's.

Cheers,

D!

Reply to
xoom7

31 front 27 rear
Reply to
Mrcheerful

Owners manual or sometimes its on a sticker inside the petrol cap or door.

Or have a look here

James

From my handbook it states that with up to 3 people it should be 31.9 in the front and 27.9 in the rear. If you have 4 or more people and/or heavy load then it should be 31.9 in all four tyres. That's pounds per square inch. Pressure to be adjusted when the car has been standing for a while. There are sites about but they are not always reliable, the tyre selector ones certainly are NOT reliable. On Kwik-Fit it suggests a 185/65 instead of the correct 195/60 tyre for the Astra.

Reply to
Marsbar

Michelin website, Goodyear website, Dunlop website, Haynes BoL, local dealer, local tyre place.

Reply to
Malc

Bugger, I put 32 in mine, should I go and get new tyres fitted, just in case I have damaged them by overinflation?

Reply to
SimonJ