Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well if you want 12 point flank drive then Gedore, Facom & snapon all still do them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

although there are only a tiny handful of applications that actually need bi-hex, so I would always say to go for single hex impact sockets, they are good for almost every occasion.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

On 2010-09-24, Harry Bloomfield wrote: [snip]

I'm waiting for news on the flay drive sockets.

Do they involve a slave & a whip?

Reply to
David Taylor

I tend to work on no car related stuff where the wall thickness often stitches you up.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

This is about car maintenance :) and wall thickness on good quality impact sockets with 3/8 drive is the same as a cheap non impact sockets. It is incredibly rare to find something on a car where an impact socket doesn't go. (apart from really tiny stuff, 8mm and below, which is not really common maintenance territory on a car) For most stuff: brakes, clutches, exhausts, suspension, wheels and the like I use snap on flexible impact sockets in half inch drive with a hefty impact wrench, most under bonnet maintenance stuff like cambelts, alternators etc is 3/8 drive impact deep sockets, but with either an air ratchet or a hand ratchet. When I worked on motorcycles: mostly a 3/8 drive impact wrench plus 3/8 drive sockets.

Reply to
Mrcheerful