Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Flywheel starter ring, fit tolerance?
- Alistair Ross
January 7, 2010, 6:15 am
rate this thread
for fitting starter rings to flywheels? My feeling is to leave the recess on
the flywheel 'up' by say 0.010" (.25mm) so as the starter ring cools it
'nips' up, without too much stress on the ring but with enough 'nip' so as
not to work loose or spin.
Re: Flywheel starter ring, fit tolerance?
You're towards the bottom limit on a normal sized (10") flywheel at that.
Between 10 and 15 thou should do the job. I'd go for closer to 15. You'll
only need about 200C to heat the ring gear to expand enough to fall on at
that fit so you can do it in a normal kitchen oven if you're quick getting
Puma Race Engines
- » 2000 MK1 Focus passenger door not unlocking with fob
- — Next thread in » Car Maintenance
- » jeep grand cherokee automatic gearbox
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Automotive Technologies