Focus boot latch woes

Some times when I open the boot and then close it it will not close, you try and close it and it just bounces up a bit :-s ... if you look at the latch parts thats on the tailgate/boot lid and push the bit it all works fine. Doesn@t happen everytime but if it keeps happening surely it will break.

Any ideas whats causing it to do this ?

Reply to
Pete

it is a common failure, you just replace the whole thing.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In need of some lubrication?

It's also possible to jam the mechanism if the fixing screws are over- tightened. Slacken them off one at a time, then re-tighten them just enough to hold the latch in place.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In need of some lubrication?

It's also possible to jam the mechanism if the fixing screws are over- tightened. Slacken them off one at a time, then re-tighten them just enough to hold the latch in place.

Chris

After Chris and Mrc,

I'll try that first once it stops raining :)

I will add a smear of multi-purpose grease on it aswell for good measure.

I guess I should check its alignment ? in case its off.

I guess the trim has to come off. I guess from the screws they need to come off and then it should pry off ?

If non of that works I shall call ford to see how horribly expensive a latch is. I'm hoping its not too expensive ? I might just live with it, or knowing my luck it will jam shut or something.

Reply to
Pete