focus cam belt

I'm wandering if I can do my own cam belt change which is nearly due. The car is a '02 Focus TDCI . I have replaced the belt on a Peugeot

306 before, which went ok,. Does the job require an engine hoist or is it ok to prop up the engine on a jack ? Would a garage use a hoist ?

Simon

Reply to
mr p

You will need the following special tools

Camshaft setting bar, timing pin, puller for the camshaft sprocket. Haynes tells you how to make the pin - I think it's 1.5" long (they give you a figure of something like 38.54mm

There is a lug on the corner of the engine lower crankcase on the front offside that will take a jack head. The sump will collapse - don't try it.

It's a easy job and the official Ford belt and tensioner kit has a good instructions - if you have done one before on any car it won't be a difficult job.

Reply to
Chris Street

thanks, I will have to see what the price differential is. I note the belt kits are not exactly cheap, so with the cost of the special tools as well I will have to get some quotes I think. Although it might be fun ;-)

Simon

Reply to
mr p