Focus driver window switch

The driver-side window on my 2003 Focus 1.6 Zetec doesn't wind down any more when the electric switch is pressed. In case it's a simple blown fuse, can anyone say where the fuses are located? Any other possibilities? If possible, I'd like to avoid paying Reg Vardy's extortionate hourly labour rate and duff service.

Reply to
zkat

2 or four electric windows, and if 4 do you have Global Closing?
Reply to
Chris Street

Assuming it's twin windows then fuse 56 behind the glovebox (Squeeze sides in - glove3box hinges forwards and dumps contents into footwell - fuses behind it) is the live feed from the ignition

4 power windows or global closing may be different - let me know and I'll dig my TIS disc out.
Reply to
Chris Street

Hi Chris

It's a 5-door model, but only the two front windows are electrically operable. I guess that means fuse 56 as per your other post?

TIA.

Reply to
zkat

The main fusebox is behind the glovebox.

If it's only the drivers window that isn't working, then it's unlikely to be a fuse. It's more likely to be a faulty switch, faulty motor or a broken wire, in no particular order. Only way to find the fault is to check for power going to the switch and motor.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

If the other window is operable then no as they share a fuse.

It's either the switch or motor on the drivers side - if the lights flicker when you try the switch then the motor is jammed, otherwise there is a poor contact somehwere. Check that the wiring conduit near the door hinges isn't damaged.

Reply to
Chris Street

Right, that narrows it down a bit. The passenger window works fine, it's just the driver-side that is dead. Pain when you get to a parking barrier. :-(

I'll have a look at the wiring and see where I get.

Cheers!

Reply to
zkat

2003? Isn't it still under warranty?