focus headlight bulb, changing of

It's the passenger side headlight bulb on an '02 tdci , it looks like a right swine to replace. I've found some stuff on the 'net..

But can you get the spring clips that hold the back cover on seperatly ( mines been lost ) Assuming not, then any suggestions on how to hold the cover in place would be welcome!

That's my Saturday planned then, and I thought the 306 bulbs were bad.

Simon

Reply to
mr p

You do *not* need to remove the headlight assembly just to change the bulb! The space is restricted but it is possible to do.

I hope you can find/buy the clip. A replacement headlight is 100UKP!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

It does help if you remove the battery and battery tray, but then you might as well remove the headlight itself in the same time (one bolt vertical under car, behind bumper- 10mm)

Total swine to do if the connector has welded itself to the bulb pins- and they do.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..