Focus starts and runs but stop it and batteries seems flat jump it and runs

Ford Focus my two starts first thing no problem run it for mile s or hrs stop it and try starting again and batterie seems flat put a jump start on and goes first turn plz help

Reply to
marc

First thing is get the battery and charging system tested. Then check the battery leads for good contact at each end abd test them in situ for voltage drop. If all those test good then the starter is the suspect. Faulty battery is the most probable fault.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Agreed, but also get garage to check starter current. I once had one which was taking more than double the correct current. It was a Mk 4 Cortina which always took a bit of cranking, and it would drain the battery to the point where it wouldn't turn over in a few seconds. Looked like a battery or alternator fault, but replaced starter and all was fine.

Reply to
newshound