fog light fitting

I have recently purchased fog lights for a Mk4 Fiesta 1998 and was wondering about fitment.

I havent had a look at the lower grill yet, but I assume there are no gaps at the edges to fit the lights since on this model (Zetec Flight) fog lights do not come as standard.

Is it likely that the grill is made of sections so that you can snap a cover off and fit the light in, or is it more likely that I would have to take the grill off and cut part of it away?

Thanks for any help, Moby.

Reply to
Moby

Front fog lights aren't completely useless. They enable one to identify the complete pratt drivers from quite a distance, even in broad daylight, well before you can hear the pounding bass on their stereo systems or see their fluffy dice. :-) Terry D.

Reply to
Terry Dutson

The fog lights are gonna fit either way - I was just asking whether or not I would be likely to have an easy or hard job on my hands. Talking about money - they only cost me £18 so hey, what the hell!

Please PLEASE!!! dont turn this thread into another rant about how useless fog lights are. I currently use them on my other car as and when necessary and IMO they do make a difference in dense fog.

Moby.

Reply to
Moby

Okay - did you get Ford ones, or t'other ones?

Reply to
DervMan

Goto the scrapyard and have a look at a fester with the foglight option installed . take off it the wiring to the foglights (waterproof connectors) . that way you get a good connection to the lights.also take off it the switch and some wiring to the switch inculding the connector ( this saves you buying the whold loom from ford) If you know how make up a circuit with a relay and wire it up. or you can buy a kit from ring for about a tenner . if you get problems then reply back to the group... I am worried that the people that use the fogs in the day can see the fog so they must be tripping out....

Reply to
Tim Dean