Follow up: Mitsubishi Key

Just to let you know - the service manager called and apologised it had taken so long to get the Mitsubishi key I posted about before.

Went to collect it on Friday morning. After being told it would be >100 quid - the final bill was £43.

23 for the key, 20 for programming - total time taken 5 minutes - and with no special tools or anything - just a trick with the engine management. They wouldn't show me what they did - but - they did not use any special kit.

Apparently my Space Star is the only model in the entire Mitsubishi UK range with the Bosch encrypted immobiliser in it - and thus the keys are a little pricey. Wel chuffed it wasn't over £100 tho.

So - ford_technical - I think I owe "the dealer" collective an apology :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

maybe they gave you discount cos you waited so long....

Reply to
ford_technical_

Nah it wasn't that - it was that they charged me by the time taken - not the time in the book.

They learned I don't like to be screwed over when they told me it would take an hour plus to change the rear roof mounted seatbelt - this amounted to undoing 2 philips screws, removing a plastic cowl, slipping off a rubber liner, undoing one bolt - pull out old seatbelt and repeat in reverse. I offered the suggestion that if it took more than 10 minutes I'd show them how to do it as I'd already taken it apart - but the parts centre wouldn't sell me a seatbelt as I wasn't legally permitted to make the change over...

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

Would they be talking bollocks by any chance?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Sounds a bit testicular to me too.