for fiesta fuel pump

Hi my engine cut out the other day, the AA said it was probably the fuel pump - as no fuel was getting through - any way of fixing one of these??

thanks

Reply to
giuseppe.elia

Don't tend to be serviceable. Replace it. Check to make sure it's not just the fuel pump relay. One thing though, what does it run on? What engine size and what year?

We can't guess this jazz...

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

It is always sensible to include as much information as possible when you ask here; for example, is it petrol or diesel? What engine size? What year? Is it running now or still broken down?

Basically, if the pump is faulty it needs to be replaced. It could also be a blown fuse, failed fuel pump relay, faulty wiring connection, failed immobiliser or several more obscure things.

Post back with the exact symptoms and some more details of the car, then someone may help you diagnose it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I fixed the fuel pump on an xr2i, it was an intank type, there was a broken plastic bracket and a crack between pump and pipe out as I recall, a bit of fuel hose and some cable ties and it was all fixed, saving 150 quid. The first symptom was that it refused to start till you put in extra fuel, this got worse as the crack widened till it wouldn't go at all. Symptom at the engine end was low fuel pressure.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful