Ford 4000 RDS rear plug connections?

Hi,

I'm looking for the pin out of the three plugs which fit into the rear of a Ford 4000 RDS radio cassette unit please. I just want to do a bench test on one.

Failing that.... I have guessed at the +ve ignition supply as the upper pin, ground as the bottom pin - which pin is the permanently +ve.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Is it ISO?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks, but not ISO.

There is an identical one on ebay (item 140240384377). The third from the bottom photo shows the three plugs for which I am trying to work out the pin out. The left plug seems to be +ve at the top #1, ground #7 on the bottom pin. I'm guessing power plug on left, remote stalk control middle plug and speakers on the right hand plug.

It was just a radio too good to miss (cheap) and needing a minor repair to get it working. It now seems to be working, as in asking for the code, entering it, but then dies when you press the enter button - I assume due to lack of the permanent +ve supply. I worked these out using a meter.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Is it like this?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

That looks like the one, thanks very much Chris.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield