Ford Escort 1.8 TD (1996) Clutch Pedal Problem !!!!

Can someone please, please tell me how to change the rachet on a Ford Escort clutch pedal !!

It's the big one, not the small one found on earlier models !

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks,

Jamber.

Reply to
Jamber

I'm sure ford had done away with the automatic clutch adjuster by then. Is there a 6mm allen headed bolt at the top off the clutch pedal? If there is, then it's just a manual adjuster, although I'm sure they still kept part off the automatic tensioner in the pedal assembly for the cable routing.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Dunno if this is any use but I've had a few brought in wanting pawls and ratchets but it's been the clutch arm on the gbox that has snapped

Reply to
George Spigot