Ford Escort 93 Car Alarm problem

Hi, I have a Ford Escort 93 model (non-central locking - push in handles to lock doors) and I have a problem with my alarm which keeps going off when I unlock and then open the driver's door. It started happening about 3 weeks ago and it only happens when the car has been standing locked for a few hours. (If I unlock and open the car

- alarm sounds. Close and lock car again - wait a few seconds - unlock and open - no alarm sounds) Weird! I park on a road with quite a bad camber and I have been told that this may affect the alarm but I don't know how the alarm actually works to understand how a camber could possibly affect the alarm? At work I don't park on a camber but it does occasionally still go off at the end of a day.

Has anybody got any ideas what could be wrong and at what cost this could be to fix?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Reply to
noonahs