Ford Escort Alarm Problem

Hi everyone, I own a 1995 Ford Escort with a serious alarm problem. Recently my key stopped working on my driver side door so I went out and got another, this worked for about a week and then would not unlock the door anymore (only lock it). Recently I went to Ford and got a driver side door lock barrel kit and fitted it all together perfectly and put it in the car. Using the driver side door I have had no issues.

Yesterday my partner after driving locked the car using the passenger side door which also has a bad lock barrel but as I didn't want to shell out more money I hadn't replaced. We then late last night unlocked the car the drivers side and this activated the alarm system we got in the car and waited for it to stop and then drove home. The alarm system is the standard one which came with the car I should add. After getting home the little red LED below the clock was no longer solid to say the alarm had been activated and was now flashing (like the car was locked). When we got out the alarm went off again so we shut all the doors and locked it and it stopped.

Please can someone provide me with some help how to fix and if not disable this alarm from happening, I will tape up the passenger side lock but I can't get the alarm to disable when I get in the car now and if I drive it I am not so popular with everyone else in the street.

Reply to
edmund.greaves

Hi

Make sure that when you fitted the lock in the door, the white plastic surround is also correctly fitted around the barrel.

This surround will then activate the alarm when you look the door / deactivate when unlocking.

Reply to
skid_Bkk . ,L