Ford Escort Audio Wiring

Hi, I had my ford escort broken into and they took the CD player, the problem is, they did not disconnect the cables, instead they cut them. So I am left with allot of bare cables in my car. I have now purchased a new radio for my car, but because the cables have been cut I have no idea how to wire it etc, is it possible to get a blank ford connector or an ISO connector fitted onto the old cables?

If so, could someone please tell me what colours go to what?

Thanks allot

Chris

Car: L reg 1993 Ford Escort

Reply to
Chris

Where did they cut the cable? Did they cut the cable between the radio and the wiring loom connector, or did they cut the connector off too? If the former, all you need to do is purchase the approriate ISO cable adaptor from Halfords. If the latter you'll need some of those plastic connectors with little screws in 'em (forgottenw hat they are called!) a Haynes manual or other method of working out which wire is which, some insulating tape and a fair degree of patience.

And don't forget to take the panel off the radio again!

Reply to
Robert R News

Sadly they cut the entire conector off, i have got some of "those plastic connectors with little screws" Now instead of wiring a Ford Connector back on, i was gonna make it an ISO fitting. I know the wire colours are different beween the 2 types of conector, so i just need now to know that colours from the ISO match to the colour in the car.

I wont forget to take the panel of again after this experience,

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Try This,

Brown - Ground (0v) Yellow - Ignition Live (12v) Red - Permanent live (12v)

W/BN - Front Right - Y/BN - Front Right +

W/BK - Front Left - Y/BK - Front Left +

Y/R - Rear Right - W/R - Rear Right +

Y/BK - Left Rear - W/BK - Left Rear +

This comes from the Haynes book. It should be ok.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick