Ford Escort Brake binding

I have a Ford Escorrt 1.6, R reg with the Teves Type Callipers on the front, both front callipers where only replaced about a year ago.

The problem I am having is that the drivers side brake pads keeping binding, I have stripped down the calliper a couple of days ago and the calliper seemed fine when off the car, so I put it back together and replaced all brake pads for the front end.

But the bloody thing is binding again, any ideas as this is a pain with my front disk getting very hot and of course the stink as well, as well as of course any safety issues associated with this iffy brake.

TIA

Zetec

Reply to
Zetec

could be a dodgy flexi hose, not common, but not unknown.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Nope, no problem there.

Zetec

Reply to
Zetec

I had the same problem on my Fiesta last year. It turned out to be a binding piston caused by corrosion. I could probably have removed the piston and cleaned it up but instead I went to the local car breaker and got a complete calliper assembly for £15. No problems since. Also worth checking that the binding is not being caused by a bit of grit under the piston skirt. Don't know how bad yours is but mine used to glow red hot!

Reply to
JAT

I have replaced the all caliper and the problem is still present, Now I am going to change the flexi hose which goes into the caliper as I think that this may be the problem.

Well I hope it solves the problem.

Zetec

Reply to
Zetec

I am a student/trainee tutor at a motor vehicle college on the car refinishing side, so luckily been back at college today, one of the tutors and some of his students on the mechanics side, sorted my problem out.

It was a collapsed break hose, which probably gave way when clamping the hose, when I was working on the brakes.

So its sorted now, with minus labour, due to the kindness of my fellow students and work colleagues, I just had to buy the spare bits.

Zetec

Reply to
Zetec

Could be. Sometimes they break down on the inside but look fine on the outside.

Reply to
JAT