Ford Escort Car Alarm Fault

Hello

My Girlfreind has a K reg Ford Escort 1.3L, which has recently developed an annoying fault with the factory alarm. The alarm will go off at random times of the day and night for no reason at all. It goes off without anyone driving or walking past it.

Could anyone help to point me into the right direction before I sent upon it with a hammer, it went off at 2.30 this morning!

Also is there anyway that I can lock the car with the alarm not being activated.

Regards

Reply to
brett.anstee

usual favourite on this and indeed all cars is the bonnet switch did it on my mondeo last year so i just fitted one

go round the doors and bonnet while its armed and tug on them while locked to see if you can get a reaction

Reply to
Mindwipe

I know nothing about anything where modern machinery and electronics are concerned so won't attempt to diagnose your alarm probs, however my neigbour's L Mondeo TD, which *may* have a similar (factory) alarm, developed an obscure problem some months ago. One of the fuses fed both alarm and central locking and he was quite happy to trade having to lock the car manually for being able to start it! IMRC it was No. 25 in the fuse box behind the glovebox.

Reply to
Steptoe

A Ka over the road from me kept having the alarm go off, always at about 2 -

3 am (coincidence?) After I complained (they never hear it) the owner took it to the Ford dealer that sold it to them (used) |The dealer said that the interior sensor had been set to max. Since the adjustment I have not heard it go off again.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

interior sensor is self adjusting sounds like they disconnected it

Reply to
Mindwipe

Thank you all for the suggestions, a mechanic friend said it could be one of a number door/bonnet switches or the alarm module itself. He did give me a tip for disabling the alarm while still allowing the doors to be locked using the key. All you have to do is disconnect the bonnet switch from the system, the switch is dome shaped and located to the left side of the front edge of the engine bay. Trace the pair of wires that come out of the switch to a connector, then disconnect. The alarm will now not set because the it thinks that the bonnet is open. It means that the alarm is not enabled anymore, but the car is secure and the neighbours have stopped issuing death threats. Cheers

Reply to
brett.anstee

Thank you all for the suggestions, a mechanic friend said it could be one of a number door/bonnet switches or the alarm module itself. He did give me a tip for disabling the alarm while still allowing the doors to be locked using the key. All you have to do is disconnect the bonnet switch from the system, the switch is dome shaped and located to the left side of the front edge of the engine bay. Trace the pair of wires that come out of the switch to a connector, then disconnect. The alarm will now not set because the it thinks that the bonnet is open. It means that the alarm is not enabled anymore, but the car is secure and the neighbours have stopped issuing death threats. Cheers

Reply to
brett.anstee

Maybe, I don't know, but it doesn't wake me any more !!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful