Ford Escort clutch cable

Hi all

I have a slightly noisy clutch cable on my 98 Escort. Its just a slight squeak when its nearly fully depressed. (That sentence doesn't sound right).

I think all it needs is a dob of oil - my problem is I cant get to the internal end due to it being too for up under the steering wheel to enable me to get some oil into it.

I guess my best bet would be to disconnect the cable (not sure how to do that).

As ideas?

Cheers

Reply to
røBstëR

It's usually the clutch pedal pivot that creaks. You can get to it OK enough to lubricate it if you put the driver's seat right back. (Well I can anyway!)

I would advise against removing it just for lubrication. If you can't get to it with a can of spray lubricant, what hope have you get of getting it back on the pedal?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Cheers Chris,

It is hard to see (hear) where the noise is coming from, so I guessed it may be the cable.

I did spray some grease type stuff I had, into the area on top on the pedal the best I could, but I think its wasn't thin enough to get lube into the right places.

What do you think is the best lubricant to use?

Reply to
røBstëR

The pedal bush is plastic, so a spray silicone is what I would use.

Watch none gets on the brake pedal rubber...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan