Ford Escort Idle Speed Control Valve

Hi, just wondering if anyone an help. I have a 96 P reg Ford Escort 1.6 Si 16V.

I need to replace the Idle Speed Control Valve, but am having trouble locating it.

Does anyone have a diagram/picture of a) what it looks like and b) the location relative to the inlet manifold.

I have also hear that i is a lot easier to remove when the car is on ramps. Is that also the case ?

many thaks for any replies

regards Neal

Reply to
NealUK

its a small silver cylinder like object bolted on the intake manifold by 2x 8mm bolts which on this model is at the back of the engine bay - and yes its easier on a ramp just simply because you can see(just)wot your doing

Reply to
ford_technical_

Many thanks for that.

Have replaced the idle speed control valve today.

Very dificult to see from below, but as you say, just!! Mostly done on feel.

I took pictures when i did this job, so if anyone else ever has to do this, a least there will be a picture

many thanks Neal

Reply to
NealUK