Ford Escort - Paint code

Hello everyone

I'm trying to find the paint code for my 1998 (R) Ford Escort Finesse

1.6 16v Zetec.

I have looked on the VIN plate under the bonnet. The car is a deep metalic red which I think is what Ford call Pepper Red but I can't find a code which confirms this anywhere. None of the codes on the VIN plate match with a red in the database at paints4u.co.uk

The codes are:

B L1 W

4 S4 17 1

and there are additional codes to the right of the VIN plate on the pannel under the bonnet:

R5 S AAL

473695J

If anyone can tell me which (if any) of these codes are appropriate, I'd be most grateful. Alternatively, where can I find the correct code to make sure that I get the right paint for my car?

EvB

Reply to
EvB