Ford Escort parts and prices

Hi,

An elderly relative has an Escort which has not been driven for years. The tyres and battery are flat, so pretty useless by now and tax and mot have long expired. She would like to get some money for it; I'm guessing breaking it for parts is the only practical option? But are escort parts used on modern fords or is it only good for scrap now?

TIA

Reply to
Robert

Depending on the model you could try advertising it as a 'modern classic' for restoration. There's always someone desperate for an old banger to restore.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

depends on which escort, if it is a mark 5 then probably scrap (100 quid) is best, if it is a mk1 especially an interesting one then even in a dilapidated state it will make a good few hundred on ebay. It is quite surprising what will sell on ebay in the way of parts, but it is aggravation.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

MK1 and MK2 Escorts (RWD ones) are worth quite a lot of money. If its a

2 door, its worth a considerable amount of money even in poor condition.

MK3 are worth something if they're a XR or RS model.

Reply to
Conor

Hi. Just had to google to see which was which. I was going to say Mk3 but going from the years (it's an F reg) I think that would make it a Mk4.

Reply to
Robert

then it is really not worth anything much unless in exceptonal condition. scrappy is the way, circa 100 quid

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Unless it's an RS Turbo of course ;-)

Chris