ford escort power steering

hi all i have just developed a bad leak on my power steering rack ,resulting in a pool of oil beneath my nearside wheel. on inspection it appears to be coming from the steering gaitor, can you replace the seals behindf the gaitor or is it a case of fitting a costly new rack regards andy

Reply to
andy

I've not known anybody have much success simply replacing these seals - it's also a tricky job, and you might have difficulty sourcing them. If you go for a replacement rack, be careful who you use - there are a lot of cowboys out there.

Reply to
News

if the rack is leaking it's more cost effective to get a replacement rack than try to fix the old one

Reply to
dojj