Ford Fiesta 1.6Si 1995 - Ignition Barrel/Steering Lock

Hi,

The streering lock on my Ford Fiesta 1.6Si has some how locked completely??!

I can't turn the key in the ignition to unlock it!

I unscrewed the cover underneath the steering wheel and took the ignition switch off and hey presto! the lock came off.

Only thing now is, I have to unlock the wheel with the normal key and then find something small (like a house key!) to turn the ignition switch to start the car!

Does anybody know whats happening here? and how it can be fixed?

I would like to take it to a Ford shop and get them to fix ... as there may be some internal damage which is causing it. But dont want to get charged over the odds if it's something simple!

PLEASE HELP ME!

Cheers Steve

Reply to
steve

The message from snipped-for-privacy@snakey.plus.com (steve) contains these words:

Do you mean the electrical switch has come off the back of the barrel?

If so, just screw it back on.

If the lock barrel is faulty, go to your local Ford parts counter with the old barrel and ask 'em to help you build one to match. That way you keep the same key and don't end up with two, one for the doors, one for the ignition.

Reply to
Guy King

Wouldnt it be easier just to remove the steel square block that springs up from the barrel if its only the steering lock thats causing the problem .

Reply to
SOR

Is it your car or is it stolen?

Reply to