Ford Fiesta 2003 Model.

Help!!

I'm new to this group but would like to put forward my problem if I may?

I bought a new 2003 Ford Fiesta 16v in December 2003. Since day one I have noticed both a very annoying and noisey rattle come from the engine. After many trips to my local ford dealer I have been told that this is a known issue with ford and is commonally known as 'Gear Thrash'in the trade. That is vibration is being transmitted from the gears as they go round, through the car. Now ford say various customers have experienced various levels of problems with this issue e.g: Noise levels etc, but say it is an acceptable problem. So amongst other problems with the car !! What I would be intrested to know is, if anyone else ? Has had any issues or heard of any like the one I have describe above!! Sorry to waffle on. Thanks for your time.

Paul.

Reply to
News Hound

Your still within warranty, so if you think this amount of gear thrash is unacceptable- and I'd say it is, take the car back once more and get mean with the dealer. If they say its a characteristic of the car / engine etc, then demand you take another similar car from the forecourt for a drive, with the manager as comparision.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and lost alot of stuff :( wrote: [...]

And what sort of noise would the manager be making? ;-)

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Some sort of nasal whining, interspersed with buzz-words is the normal one :-)

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and lost alot of stuff :( wrote

He didn't say the car was oily, just noisy.

Reply to
Gordon