Ford Fiesta 2005 Diesel losing power

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me please.

I have a 1.4l Ford Fiesta TDCi (05 plate). It was serviced in May and passed its MOT last week.

However, there is a problem in that it keeps losing power.

When I leave home I get about 1 mile down the road (doing 20-30mp in

2nd or 3rd) and it feels like I am taking my foot off the accelerator

- even though I am not. The loses power for a second or so and then comes back on. This will happen four or five times. When I get on the dual carriageway or motorway and get up to 60 or 70mph it does not happen (so far).

When I get off the motorway and slow down to around 20-30mph it happens again.

Twice the engine has cut out completely and I have had to turn the ignition off and then on again to restart the engine.

I'm afraid that I know nothing about engines so will have to rely on a mechanic to fix this and I want to be able to make some useful suggestions, rather than pay to replace parts that don't need replacing.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated

Regards

Carl S, Oxford, UK

Reply to
sirgeoffrey

air leak in the fuel system would be my first thought.

Reply to
Mrcheerful