Ford Fiesta MK3 - Front Brakes

Hello,

Can you help? What size is the allen key used to split the front brake caliper of a Ford Fiesta MK3 ?

Des

Dez

I may be wrong and thinking of something entirely different but I think it's

7mm. Not a standard size. If a 6 is too small and an 8 is too big then that'll tell you.

I got mine from a bicycle repair shop when out in the middle of nowhere fixing a car for a friend.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Thanks for that. It is definitely not a 6mm size key, I have that size and it is too small.

Des

Dez

The 7mm allen key is known as a "brake caliper" type. Almost all car brake calipers use this size, which is often only obtainable from car accessory places, as almost nothing other than brake calipers use this size.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

A 7mm hex key is commonly known in engineering, as a non-preferred size, which is why it's usually not included in hex key sets. IME the easiest, and certain way to buy one is to get it from a small tool stockist. Yellow pages should find the nearest one. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G