Ford Fiesta MK3 low engine temperature

Dear all,

I own a MK3 fiesta (1995) 1.1. Regardless of how hard I drive the rattly littly thing I cannot get the temperature guage to move into the normal range. It will occasionally get warm if its sits and idles for ten mins! It has done this for as long as i can remember (I have had it for just over 2 years) and I am now fed up with being cold on the way to work.

In addition I suspect this temperature issue is the cause of over revving whenever I depress the clutch (there is even a small amount of power when I take my foot of the accelerator in gear). The ECU/auto choke is trying to warm the engine I guess, just wasting my petrol!

If anyone can offer some advice or a solution it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Thermostat removed or stuck open?

Reply to
gazzafield

The thermostat is in place (I think), didn't want to start proding around thought I should ask for advice first.

I think I know where it is, will try to check its condition tonight.

Thanks

Reply to
Ben

Check also the cooling fan isn't constantly on.

Reply to
gazzafield

Thermostat is missing, or stuck open.

Heaters in the Mk3 are usually pretty potent.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

All fixed now, it was the thermostat! Only =A32.99 for a brand spanking new one.

An enjoyable two hours of tinkering.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Ben

Reply to