Ford Focus 1998 1.8tdi oil type and capacilty

As the subject

Sons car no hand book

Need engine oil type and capacity

what cheapish oil would the panel recommend

Regards

Reply to
TMC

afaik all fords are now recommended to use ford e oil 5/30. which is neither expensive nor cheap from your ford dealer, which is also the best place to get the oil filter. There is no good reason to go anywhere else for your oil and filter for a ford, unless of course there is no dealer nearby, in which case buy the best you can afford from your convenient shop who will have a list.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

your starter for 10

what is the oil and filter change capacity for that engine

Regards

Reply to
TMC

just over a single container at 5.6 litres

Reply to
Mrcheerful

you want the 5W/50 Ford spec oil. Halfords sell it in a Blue bottle with 'Ford' written on it. I normally get the morris equiv. locally which is a bit cheaper. I get my filters from the Ford dealer since it's the same price as Hal-frauds, unlike the Oil.

Reply to
mr p

You're correct in everything except the grade, it's a 5W/30 and Halfords normally sell if for £24.99 per 5L, but they have had 25% off recently on it. Therefore, I paid £18.74 for 5L on 14/1/10 which is now safely contained within the sump of my wife's Fusion TDCi. You may want to see if the offer remains valid.

Hendy Ford in Winchester wanted about £29+VAT, the Fusion filter was £11.60+VAT from them.

D.

Reply to
Doctor D

Looks like the offers have changed as it's back to £25

The Magnatec at 4 Litres is almost £30

Reply to
Usenet Nutter