Ford focus battery

mk 1.5 1.8 16v 04 petrol focus.

Asking on behalf of a friend at work, who has the same car funny enough.

His battery has failed after 8 years of service! which is very good imho.

I know the focus requires a special calcium battery .. something to do with the smart charge system I think so you can't use a lead battery.

He found a bopsch s4 battery 60ah/540cca for £55 at his local motor factors which is cheap but they are unsure if this it is a calcium spec battery as it doesn't say but the computer lists it as a suitable battery. I said I would ask on here as I know a few of you guys know you stuff.

So yeah just trying to figure our if this is a suitable battery or if he should seek another one.

Thanks

Reply to
Micheal

Are you on crack?