Ford Focus Wiring Diagram

Hi all,

I posted last week about a friend and her focus. Anyway, Ford main dealer have said that her wiring loom is non-standard and feel that it's not even off a Focus .. go figure? So, I was wondering if there was anywhere online I could download a wiring diagram for an 01 (51 plate) focus - 1.6 petrol?

The car itself is running but has a few issues:

1) revs stay high (over 2k) when coming to a standstill. Main dealer has no idea. I'll check the TPS, idle control valve and venturi. Anything else?

2) Air con is constantly on. I've not seen a wiring diagram to see how this works ... but could it be as simple as a relay stuck closed?

3) ECU fault codes cannot be read. This is what caused the main dealer to say that the wiring loom is non standard. What else could the loom have come out of? I think that I need to trace the cables but it could be a long and difficult job :(

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

Should not do this when hot really, well not obviously. They are all abit reluctant to drop, but thats how they are. Check brake and clutch switches for adjustment and electrical integrity. Check TPS for 0.7 or less throttle shut, when you have checked for cleanliness and binding of the shaft, also any air leaks. PCV vent stuck can cause this too- clamp the hose off to test.

A/C will be on if vent knob is at windscreen.

3) ECU fault codes cannot be read. This is what caused the main dealer

I doubt it very much the loom has been changed for one that wont allow ECU communication. Check OBD port for presece of +12v & 0v on corresponding pins ignition on, and also the data line back to the ecu.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks Tim - this is great. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1