ford granada 2.9i 12v or a 24v if it can be done???

hi all I was just wondering if it poss, as i like my granadas and my manual trasmissons!! not me auto yuk!!

im hoping for an easy answer to this is poss and if it werth going to get it done or my self doing it?? WELL I'LL GET TO THE POINT!!!

is it poss to change a granada 2.9 12v or a 2.9 24v (cos) to a manual trans??? iv had a hunt around on the net and no luck and i have had alook at a cossy gearbox, (out of the car) and they have many wires and all sorts attatched to them, 1 thinks maybe that it will be hard to do???....i read some where that the ECU controls part of the gear changing? would it even matter if theres a manual transmission? or is it that when the gearchange is made in the rev it wont no what speed its going at and cut out and the ecu will through a wobbly???? AHHH i dunno.... please help it would be great to find out.

also i found a 3.0 cast iron gearbox mayb that will work really well? and go in 1 quite nicely??? 4...speed????

thanks

Adam

Reply to
omega7819

Go to

and do a search on "cossie manual" , "cosworth manual" or "24V manual"

It has been done.

Nice car the Grannie - brings back mostly fond memories :)

Reply to
Trust No One®

thanks alot pal that was really help full on that site and i also remembered i was a member of that site lol also i was wondering mayb do u no if its hard to changed the fan for a elec thamstate controlled one instead of a belt driven 1

many thanks

Adam

Reply to
omega7819