ford heated windscreens

Hi,

In this weather I miss the heated windscreen I had on my last Ford. I never understand why Ford won't license these to other manufacturers because I doubt very few people buy Fords just for the windscreen!

Did Ford fit these windscreen to any other cars, such as Jaguars or Land Rovers during the time they owned those and if so, did that stop once they were sold on to Tata motors?

In this weather I'd quite like a 4x4 with a heated windscreen ;)

Reply to
Fred

Buy a Caterham. They have 'em as standard.

Reply to
Adrian C

My Range Rover has one.

Reply to
Nige

Of course a Caterham isn't a 4x4, and anyway has chocolate teapot use in this weather.

Here, found on Google. Available for a range of vehicles.

Adrian C

They used to be fitted to range rovers years ago

Reply to
steve robinson

I didn't know there was anything particularly special about an heated windscreen, other than the wire embedded in their screens being extremely fine/almost invisible. Is that the bit that might need the license? Are some manufacturers still using the plated onto the glass surface filament method - can't say I have really noticed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

See almost any cars rear window for details. I could be wrong but I think Pilkington own the patent.

Reply to
Duncan Wood