Ford Ka/Fiesta lower arm bushes

Has anyone changed the lower arm bushes on a Ka or Fiesta? I thought I might take the easy option of changing the complete lower arms but Ford dealer quoted £60 each for the arm and only £6 for the bush.

I assume the bushes have to be pressed out/in which shouldn't be a problem as I have access to a press at work.

TIA.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Does the same apply to Mk5 Escorts? Mine's got squeaky bush syndrome...or is it just the bolts having a winge? Would removal/copaslip/replace help?

Reply to
Phil Howard

The bushes are not too hard to change, but you will need to make a circular support for the arm and maybe a pusher piece. The thing is that usually the ball joint is worn too. The labour saving for a whole arm change is worth the extra for the whole arm. Most creaks are from the balljoint, not the bushes.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful