Ford Ka gear stick problem

Hi, my daughter just bought a 2006 Ford Ka which she thinks is great but has complained that the gearstick somtimes "lifts up". I had a look and what happens is that the stick can be lifted up and out of the gearbox with little effort. It easily pushes back in but what is missing / broken to allow this to happen? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Rob

As it is still under three years old, perhaps it might be best to get a dealer to take a look?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Hi, thanks for that but i thought Ka's were only under Ford warranty for 12 months.

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
Mark Smith

I can't imagine there are many mainstream cars with only a one year warranty now, are there?

The second and third years are provided by the dealer.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan