Ford Ka Headlight Bulb Replacement

Hi all,

I need to replace a headlight bulb on the missus's Ford Ka. I had a quick look this evening. Mr Haynes basically says 'open the bonnet and remove the clip from the back of the headlight housing'.

What is doesn't tell me is how on earth to get to it. For the nearside light, it looks just about accessible but I need to get to the offiside light and there's no space behind it.

Is it a case of taking the entire unit out?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Mr Roflcopter

Well for the Mondeo Mk2 the manual actually states that you need to remove the headlamp unit to change the bulb - although you can change them in situ - its just tricky. Find someone with little hands!!

MattF

Reply to
Matt F

OK, it looks like I need to take the cluster out, which also means that I need to need to remove the plastic wheel arch in order to get at one of the mounting bolts.

Any words of wisdom on getting the wheel arches off? I have taken a wheel arch off the Ka in the past but I wasn't bothered about damaging either the bumper or the plastic clips because they were all being replaced.

Again Mr. Haynes is very skimpy on the details of where best to lever the bumper to remove it.. it just basically says, "Take the wheel arch off and be careful not to f*ck it up." which is just a great help now isn't it...

Reply to
Mr Roflcopter