Ford Keycode probs.. help

Thanks for looking. I'm not sure if this is the right group for this, if not then apologies and directions to suitable if possible.

I unhooked my battery from escort recently and was prepared for the usual code reentry for the radio/cd player. However... the radio will not accept the code and is diplaying "EE" on the LED which will not move regardless of attempted code entries or numerous button bashes. I disconnected the battery again just in case but the same thing. The CD accepts it's code fine and works ok but no sound due to the radio problem. Radio is a 2007 model and was previously healthy. Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

Cheers

all the best

John

Reply to
jcchimself

If there is no advice forthcoming here, there is a group uk.rec.audio.car which I guess might be able to help.

Reply to
Andy Pandy

apologies and directions to suitable if possible.

Cheers Andy...

all the best

john

p.s. Hows Looby Loo these days?

Reply to
jcchimself

Hi John,

Sounds like the radio's eeprom is corrupt - unusual after a power failure :o(

Is there a part number like 91FB-18K876-BA on the side of the radio?

Reply to
Graeme Davidson