Ford Maverick wipers sticking on

Hi I'd really appreciate some help.

I have a 95 Ford Maverick and the windscreen wipers keep stick on. They don't start on their own but once turned on they won't stop. It doesn't seem to matter whether they are set to intermittent, slow or fast, once they are on they just keep going until the ignition is turned off and left for a few mins. Then they stay off until the next time they are turned on.

I guess a relay or contact is sticking somewhere but as I can't get a Haynes manual for the car, I have no idea where to look.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks for any help

Mike

Reply to
Mike

just a guess, but I'd check the switch on the motor.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

There's a cam operated switch on the motor to make them park in the right place regardless of when you switch off. Sounds like it's stuck on. Dunno your motor, but they're usually simple devices and obvious - if you can get the motor off. Of course if the switch has actually broken it may mean a new motor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)