Ford Modeo TDci

My 2001 Mondeo has just developed what I can only describe as a flat spot in its acceleration. This only seems to occur in 4 and 5 and is around the

2000rpm mark. Once above this mark the acceleration is as it was right unto 3500+. Any ideas? Also the central locking has just started refusing to lock with the remote. It activates but just unlocks it's self straight away. Are these connected?
Reply to
j j

First fault was a known issue with the early TDCIs, and was cured in a software update.

The central locking fault is most likley a faulty switch in a door lock. Only easy way to find out what one is through a diagnostic check.

Reply to
M Cuthill