FORD MONDEO 1999 1.8Verona. Reverse switch? Rv!

Hi all, Just found my reverse lights not working last night when I got home. Checked the bulb/fuse and all OK. It's either wiring or reverse switch says me...

No idea where the switch is so had a dig about. Nothing obvious under the gear lever mech (from inside) and nothing obvious on the engine/gearbox. Just to bug me the lights came on and are now working fine (for now.)

So I still don't know what was wrong and never did find the switch. Can anyone point me to the switch please? All help appreciated!

Robert

Reply to
Rv!

In message , Rv! writes

Its on top of the gearbox. I think you have to remove the inlet ducting to get to it.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

"Paul Giverin" >

Thanks Paul. I reached over the air intake cover and down into the centre of the engine bay. There's a connector on top of the gearbox which I saw, but it didn't seem right. My Haynes(!) says the wiring should be Violet/? striped for the reverse switch but I remember these being white-ish so ignored them. There's also a connector at the front of the gearbox (Side/Underneath) but that didn't fit the expectations either.

I'll have a look again tomorrow if/when the rain every stops. Robert

Reply to
Rv!