Ford Mondeo 99 won't start

My for Mondeo 1.8l decided that it wouldn't turn over yesterday morning. The central locking is working fine, the interior light works fine, but when I turn the key nothing happens, there is no noise from the engine or the ignition (i.e. no clicking) it just seems dead. I tried to charge the battery, but nothing happens.

I have checked the fuses and they all seem OK, although with the bigger fuses (The big brown ones) -- I don't know how to check if they are blown or not.

The Car is fitted with an immobiliser. I also feel it worth mentioning, that when I first experienced the problem, I tried to charge it from another car, nothing was happening, then I removed the jump leads, and person in the car said the radio came on, so I went to put the leads back on but only managed to connect the positive side, before the person in the car turned the ignition and it started no problem. It was fine for the rest of the day, until the next morning when it went back to not making a sound.

Does anyone have any advice as to what the problem might be? Thanks

Reply to
lee

In message , snipped-for-privacy@prologic.ie writes

Same problem with a Laguna - I have been advised to check for earth faults and dodgy electrical connections - this seemed to cure it for a bit and now it's back to its old ways. Most recent suggestion I saw for a similar fault on another car was a temperature sensor fault.

Reply to
leo

Have you checked the battery earth cable? Both ends? If it's tight take it off the battery and clean it anyway.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot