Ford Mondeo ABS problems - advice sought

I am having some problems with the ABS system on my 1999 (V) Ford Mondeo 1.8 Turbo Diesel (no traction control). The amber ABS and red Brake warning lights are often on singly or together intermittently. (The system is a BOSCH 5.3.)

A few weeks ago I had the system diagnosed with a code reading and it came up with ABS memory error - i.e. need to replace ABS electronics unit. The electronic unit has now been replaced and the lights went out for about 4 days and then they came back on as above.

I've had the system diagnosed again with a code reading and it identified two sensors as being open circuit (one front and one rear). Tried checking obvious things like connectors, fuses, fluid no problems found. Checked all sensors with for open circuit - none open circuit. Also, check for voltage when wheel spun - out seems very similar on all.

Have cleaned around the sensors and replaced the front faulty one.

But I'm afraid I don't really believe the diagnostics now.

Any advice / experience anyone else has would be welcome. Regards Martyn

Reply to
martyn-google

check the sensor ring is not broken away from the cv joint (look for cracks which would make the gaps too big)

Reply to
ford_technical_