Ford Mondeo dent. Rv!

Hi, A friend of a friend is selling his 1998 Mondeo 2ltr SI and I'm interested in it. The issue I have is there is a slight deformation at the back of the driver door that carries on to the (B piller?) vertical where the rear doors hinge. The doors all work fine, and the rear door is perfect. The damage seems quite light. Looks like they pushed up against one of those tiny bollards and deformed the piller slightly, say about 1/2 to 1 inch.

Is this enough to cause major MOT problems? I know it's a bit general to ask this, and I didn't get any photo's so I can't help much more. This is the only damage to the car that appears otherwise perfect.

Your opinions would be appreciated while I try to get some photos.

Robert

Reply to
Rv!

Rv! ( snipped-for-privacy@email.address.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No. The only body damage issues for MOT would be where there's sharp edges.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering if the car was maybe weak in this area and if this could cause structural damage to the area. As it is the paint isn't even damaged at the impact point so there's no sharp edges.

Robert

Reply to
Rv!

hmm, and then you just cover it up with Duct tape no ? ;)

Reply to
mr p

mr p ( snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Usually, I do, yes.